Apple and red fruit crumble
For 6 persons
Preparation time : 35 min
- 1.2kg (6 pieces) “EXTRA” golden delicious apples
- 150g cocoa butter or 180g soft butter
- 30g powdered cinnamon
- 300g thousand flower honey
- 1 250g punnet strawberries
- 1 125g punnet raspberries
- 240g crunchy or crispy cereal (like KELLOGG’S EXTRA or JORDANS COUNTRY CRISP)
- 30g icing sugar.
Peel the apples and cut them into small 1cm cubes. Melt the butter and honey in the STAUB HEXAGON pan then add a small amount of the fruits and fry the outside of the fruit. Sprinkle in the cinnamon while they are cooking. Caramelise but retain the crunchiness of the fruits. Put to one side in a dish...then do the same thing again until all the fruits are cooked. When you have finished, line the base of the STAUB HEXAGON pan with half of the cooked apples then sprinkle with red fruits. Cover again with the rest of the cooked apples. Sprinkle the cereals on top. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes (200°C) until the cereals are crunchy. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
This dessert can be made with seasonal fruits. It can be served with assorted fruit sorbets (bush peach, pear, fig, apricot...).